Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Have a Second Piece of the Jesusmafia Collection

I’m going to take a hiatus from the discographies for a bit and do a little bit of a variety upload for you guys. I’m sure I’ll upload discographies for these bands at some point so let me know if you want the discography for a certain one of them. I should have most releases. Anyway, I’m going to begin with what I believe is one of the most underrated bands. Some of you might just write them off, but I suggest if you have an open mind to check them out.

If you haven’t already peeked down, the band that I’m talking about is Lynyrd Skynyrd. I’m uploading their second release aptly titled ‘Second Helping.’ This album has one of my all time favourite songs ‘Ballad of Curtis Loew’, another one of my Skynyrd favourites ‘The Needle and the Spoon’, and then the classically overplayed cliché song, ‘Sweet Home Alabama.’ Through and through this album is a under appreciated release, and hopefully due for a second chance.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping (Site)
Country: USA

Genre: Southern Rock

Track List:

1. Sweet Home Alabama 4:47
2. I Need You 6:52
3. Don't Ask Me No Questions 3:24
4. Workin' For MCA 4:49
5. The Ballad of Curtis Loew 4:52
6. Swamp Music 3:34
7. The Needle and the Spoon 3:56
8. Call Me the Breeze 5:08
Total Play Time - 37:22

Download: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping

The next item for upload is for Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. DrainTheSky probably isn’t going to be too happy with me about this, I’m sure that he wanted to upload this, but tough luck. This album has been one that has grown on me throughout it’s tenure in my possession. Giving it a few glancing listens, I found it nothing too special, but once I actually sat down and actually listened to it, I was blown away. From the opening track to the finale, the melding of southern influence with the hardcore music is sensational. Definitely a must have.

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - S/T (Site)
Country: USA

Genre: Southern Hardcore
Track List:
1. Caution: Dangerous Curves Ahead 3:21
2. The Road Home to Panther Creek 3:19
3. Bang! The Witch is Dead 3:30
4. Tough as John Jacobs 4:01
5. Gusty Like The Wind 3:57
6. The Mind of a Grimes 2:35
7. Lady at the Gate 2:58
8. Never Stop Haunting 4:23
9. Hell on the Rise 4:23
10. Just Wanted to Make Mother Proud 3:11
Total Play Time - 35:38

Download: Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - S/T

I now come to one of my current favourite bands. Hailing from Sweden, Katatonia is one of my favourite bands in the doom/depressive metal category. I might catch some heat for putting them under doom, but so be it. I will definitely be uploading this discography soon, but for now I have decided to upload my favourite album of theirs, ‘Last Fair Deal Gone Down.’ Released in 2001, this release is already five albums into Katatonia’s reign. I think this album marks a change in sounds, and a perfect masterpiece from start to finish. If you haven’t heard of this band before, I would recommend that you listen.

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down (Site)
Country: Sweden

Genre: Doom Metal

Track List:

1. Dispossession 5:36
2. Chrome 5:14
3. We Must Bury You
4. Teargas 3:23
5. Transpire 5:53
6. Tonight's Music 4:20
7. Clean Today 4:23
8. The Future of Speech 5:40
9. Passing Bird 3:38
10. Sweet Nurse 3:57
11. Don't Tell A Soul 5:42
Total Play Time - 50:39

Download: Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down

This album is something that I have only lately been privy to. I’m not sure whether to classify this band as dark ambient or raw black metal. Marblebog’s 2005 full length release ‘Forestheart’ starts off with a atmospheric ambient song as the intro, then comes four tracks of raw black metal, followed finally by another ambient offering. This album is definitely not for the faint of heart as the vocals are not for everyone. But anyone adventurous enough, or anyone who is already a fan of this type of music should definitely listen to this album. And don’t let the ‘raw black metal’ scare you, clean instrumental parts are inserted fairly often to lighten the mood.

Marblebog - Forestheart (Site)
Country: Hungary

Genre: Dark Ambient/Black Metal
Track List:
1. Opening 2:08
2. I Am The Forest Heart 8:15
3. A Tempest Never Calming Down 8:03
4. Flame of Wisdom 6:32
5. Howling of Purity 6:37
6. Closing 13:33
Total Play Time - 45:08

Download: Marblebog - Forestheart

The last album that I’m going to do for you is one of my many guilty pleasures. When I was a few years younger, I am sad to say that I was absolutely obsessed with these guys. I still listen to this album on occasion when I want something that is somewhat easy to listen to and easy to get into. Trivium’s second full length ‘Ascendancy’, if you can block out everything else about this band, is actually fun to listen to. I won’t make the argument that it’s a good album by my standards now, but I still find myself enjoying it from time to time. It could be that it is so engrained in my past and my road to where my musical tastes are now that it just part of me like many other albums I will upload are. I’m not sure, but maybe someone else who hasn’t heard it yet, will enjoy it. So here it is.

Trivium - Ascendancy (Site)
Country: USA
Genre: Metalcore
Track List:

1. The End of Everything 1:20
2. Rain 4:11
3. Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr 4:51
4. Drowned and Torn Asunder 4:17
5. Ascendancy 4:25
6. A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation 5:55
7. Like Light to the Flies 5:40
8. Dying in Your Arms 2:53
9. The Deceived 5:11
10. Suffocating Sight 3:47
11. Departure 5:41
12. Declaration 7:00
Total Play Time - 55:11

Download: Trivium - Ascendancy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

1xBet korean
If you are a betting operator in Korea and you want to use them, then you can use 1xBet 1xbet partenaire apk download as your place to bet. Read the Betting Sites and Betting Guide for details