Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finntroll, Here I Come

Hello all. At the end of August, I am attending Finntroll at the Opera House. I now that it is pretty far away, but I'm getting ready by listening to them and other bands at the concert. Today I will be uploading just two of the three bands that are opening for them. The first band opening is Sylvus. I've only heard of this band once, and that was when they took Eluvetie's spot at Paganfest. I wasn't very impressed by them, and I am not expecting much this time either, but hopefully I will be pleasently suprised. Being as they're from Toronto, I am more then willing to give them another chance. But sorry to everyone, I am not actually in possession of any of there music.

The second band at the concert is Profugus Mortis. They're black/folk metal band from Montreal. After originally being formed in 2001, the band went through numerous lineup changes, each changing their sound, until they ended up with the lineup and sound they have now. I am extremely excited to hear these guys after listening to their album. Although the vocals are an acquired taste, as is usual with black metal, the music should be enjoyable to all ears. Anyway, here is the upload of the only release I have in my possession.


Profugus Mortis - So It Begins (Site)
Country: Canada
Genre: Folk Metal
Track List:
1. The Fallen 4:07
2. Arm Yourself 5:03
3. Vile 4:25
4. The Darkest Hour 2:37
5. Upon The Raging Storm 2:33
6. Majesty 3:57
7. The Beauty of this Form 4:29
8. Last Pain 2:54
9. Automne 2:03
Total Play Time - 32:08

Download: Profugus Mortis - So It Begins

The next band up will be Warbringer. Now I actually am not the biggest fan of this band, but I must continue. I don't believe that I have the authority to really talk about these guys. They're an American thrash metal band, and I'm not a very big fan of thrash metal. I've heard mixed reviews, some say they're the revival of the old thrash style, and some say that they're just a run of the mill thrash band. Anyway, uploads will let you figure it out for yourself.


Warbringer - One by One, The Wicked Fall (Site)
Country: USA
Genre: Thrash Metal
Track List:
1. Total War 4:15
2. Shoot To Kill 3:10
3. Hell on Earth 3:23
4. Road Warrior 3:48
5. Beneath The Waves 3:43
6. Born of the Ruins 3:42
Total Play Time - 22:01

Download: Warbringer - One by One, The Wicked Fall



Warbringer - War Without End (Site)
Country: USA
Genre: Thrash Metal
Track List:
1. Total War 4:30
2. Systematic Genocide 3:49
3. Dread Command 2:52
4. Hell on Earth 3:17
5. At The Crack of Doom 3:40
6. Beneath the Waves 3:49
7. Instruments of Torture 3:36
8. Shoot to Kill 3:13
9. Born of the Ruins 3:46
10. Combat Shock 3:52
11. A Dead Current 3:02
Total Play Time - 39:26

Download: Warbringer - War Without End


For the moment, I'm not going to upload Finntroll for you because I will be doing all of those releases in a different post. So keep your eyes open and they will be available in a jiffy.

0 comments: