Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Back, Again. And I Apologize To All That Actually Care.

Now, I know I've been gone a long time, and I have been having some thoughts about whether to bother coming back at all, but I decided that I might as well. I really didn't feel like studying anymore. So I have decided to do something special, besides a best of 2008 cliche list that I will be working on for a while, I will be doing 'The Anatomy of Rhyme.' I can only hope that Kanye will read it and stick behind the mic. I will be comparing the rhymes of artists that everyone knows to artists that you might not have heard, and see how they compare. Now keep in mind, I agree that you can argue that they are different types of rhymes, you shouldn't hold gangsta' rap to the same standards that you do hip-hop. But I really don't care what I should and shouldn't do, rappers should always be held accountable for their rhymes. I might even through in a gangsta v. gangsta, mainstream v. mainstream, or even the beloved underground v. underground matchups. This will be an ongoing theme, so stick around my friends and we shall see who reigns supreme. I want to try this out for the first time, if you happen to stumble upon my posts and feel like you disagree with me, or agree with me, or just want to say something, let me know. Drop a comment, post in the shoutbox, always loving the feedback.

0 comments: