Monday, July 21, 2008

Red Sparowes Advance

Hey guys, I'm taking a break from the Isis scene for a moment to bring you the upcoming EP from one of my favourites. I know I'm a little behind, but I've been a little busy, and god knows where DrainTheSky is. Anyway, I just got it in, so I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but by tomorrow night I will be done thoroughly enjoying it I'm sure and I will edit in my first impressions. Anyway without further ado.

Red Sparowes - Aphorisms (Site)
Country: USA
Genre: Post-Rock
Track List:
1. We Left the Apes to Rot, But Find the Fang Still Grows Within - 6:37
2. Error Has Turned Animals Into Men, and to Each the Fold Repeats - 5:38
3. The Fear Is Excruciating, But Therein Lies the Answer - 5:38
Total Play Time - 17:53

Download: Red Sparowes - Aphorisms

And as a little treat for you all, as I was on the lookout for more Thrice like music to cut my Alchemy addiction, I stumbled upon Eye Alaska, which I believe is Dustin's brother's band. I've only given it a few listens through, but my god, quite amazing if I must say so myself. My suggestion, listen to the first track, then listen to it again before going over the rest of the album. The amazingness of that track cannot be appreciated in only one listen. Anyway, here is the appropriate wordage and linkage.
PS, I'm sure my labeling of them as Post-Hardcore is wrong, I assumed they, being associated with Thrice it was a safe bet to begin with, but upon listening I realized I was wrong. I have yet to think of another genre, so this will stick for now.

Eye Alaska - Yellow and Elephant (Site)
Country: USA
Genre: Post-Hardcore
Track List:
1. I Knew You'd Never Fly 4:09
2. Stop Me Now...I'm Not Ready 3:39
3. Roll Right Over 3:44
4. Through Willows and Streams 4:30
5. A Storm in the Childs Fountain 3:12
6. Cheetah and the Tiger (Bonus) 2:54
Total Play Time - 22:03

Download: Eye Alaska - Yellow and Elephant

0 comments: